AEI is always on the lookout for exceptional talent.
ABOUT AEI CORPORATION
AEI Corporation is a premier forensic engineering firm comprised of some of the best forensic experts in the industry. With over 175 years of combined experience, AEI provides a wide breadth of services related to mechanical, electrical, chemical, materials science, and more. Investing in our staff and technology keeps us at the forefront of the industry. Integrity and high-quality service are cornerstones.
AEI corporate headquarters is located next to the High Line Canal and Chatfield Reservoir in Littleton, Colorado. AEI's headquarters includes a 14,000 square foot, newly remodeled building on a 2 acre, secure lot. The building has an expansive, well-equipped laboratory and on-site evidence storage. Learn more about AEI at AEIengineers.com.
AEI is searching for a Staff Level Electrical Engineer. Experience completing forensic investigations as well as leading and participating in laboratory exams, and conducting testing is desirable. The investigation portion of the position requires knowledge and experience with electrical component failure analysis, electrical codes, power distribution systems, and test equipment applications and electrical appliances.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of technical aspects and concepts related to the electrical field.
• Perform origin and cause field and laboratory inspections related to electrical failures, fires and explosions, electrocutions and shocks, and products
• Prepare technical, project-related reports for clients as required
• Confer with colleagues to provide technical assistance and opinions when requested
• Prepare and deliver professional presentations at conferences and for clients
• Prepare professional articles for both internal and outside publications
• Perform marketing tasks to identify and secure new clients and build client base
• Provide expert witness testimony as required
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Working toward obtaining a professional engineering license
• Works on all aspects of a project, typically in a support role, with oversight from a superior (e.g. scheduling, investigation, testing, client interactions, engineering analysis, report writing, invoicing, past due collections, artifact handling, etc.)
• Supports other engineers, scientists, consultants, and investigators with research, field and laboratory examination and testing, and other project and non-project related activities
• Is capable of meeting the physical requirements of the job (e.g. travel, extended walking, walking on uneven and debris ridden surfaces, climbing, lifting, bending, balancing, kneeling, crouching, etc).
• At the direction of a superior, works to gain the experience and discipline-appropriate education needed to obtain licensing and certification(s)
• At the request of a superior, attends various industry conferences, trade shows, and other marketing events
• At the request of a supervisor, provides marketing support as directed, including authoring newsletter articles and assisting with preparing presentations for various industry conferences, trade shows, and other marketing events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• BS in Electrical Engineering
• $80,000 to $120,000 base pay
AEI is an EOE, Equal Pay, and smoke free workplace. To apply, please e-mail your resume to HR@AEIengineers.com, subject line, "Electrical Engineer”. Other forms of submission will not be considered. No agencies.
Benefits included, but not limited to: