ABOUT AEI CORPORATION
AEI Corporation (Advanced Engineering Investigations Corporation), was founded August 1, 2005. AEI is a multi-disciplined forensic engineering and consulting firm. Our professional team of engineers and investigators provide services from initial scene examinations, to demonstrative testing and expert witness testimony. We have an over 14,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility to accommodate large laboratory examinations and provide warehouse storage of evidence.
AEI is headquartered in Littleton, CO, and is located next to the High Line Canal and Chatfield Reservoir. AEI works throughout the United States, Mexico, Canada, and has completed projects in Asia and Africa. You can learn more about AEI at AEIengineers.com.
TECHNICIAN – LITTLETON, CO
Posted Date: 03.07.2017
AEI is searching for a Technician to be based out of our Littleton, CO office. Successful candidates will be eager to learn about forensic engineering and their position at our firm. They will be strongly motivated, a hard worker, able to work independently, and also recognize when assistance or direction is needed. The function of the technician position is to provide support for AEI engineers and other staff in the lab and at site examinations. This position is further responsible for proper, organized, and well-documented evidence storage and tracking, shipping and receiving, and facility and grounds maintenance.
– Assist with laboratory examinations and testing. This includes planning, set up, attendance and assistance during and following laboratory and/or site examinations.
– Primary responsibility for logging in and storing all evidence. Provide an accurate inventory of all items stored at AEI including locations of items and proper documentation of all evidence. Become proficient with the corporate software application utilized for evidence storage.
– Ensure proper disposal of evidence in terms of documentation and special disposal requirements.
– Work with administrative staff to ensure clients are billed accurately and timely for evidence storage.
– Ensure chain of custody for evidence is properly documented and maintained.
– Assist with preparation, set-up, and running of other company events such as seminars and Flashover Fridays.
– Inventory disposable equipment used in the lab or in the field. Order replacements and maintain adequate inventory.
– Organize and inventory all lab equipment, tools, materials, and fittings. Know what the tools do, how to use them, where they are located, and who has them checked out.
– Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated properly to ensure safe use and accurate readings.
– Order new equipment, tools, materials and fittings when requested.
– Manage facility maintenance including periodic cleaning of facility and/or equipment, as well as regular maintenance both inside and outside the building including the company lot.
– Manage regular maintenance on the company truck.
– Act as the primary resource for shipping and receiving of field/project related equipment and tools, and other items as needed.
– High School graduate
– Experienced in the proper use of construction tools and methodologies
– Experience with laboratory equipment is a plus
– Computer literate, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to travel – 5%
– Excellent driving record
– Highly organized
– Motivated, eager, hard worker
– Ability to work independently and proactively
– Honest and ethical
– Team player
– Enjoys field/outdoor work
– The work is primarily completed in the laboratory, warehouse, office space, and lot at AEI’s headquarters in Littleton, CO.
– The work may from time–to-time require travel to site inspections both in and out of the area – estimated 5% travel.
– The conditions of a scene investigation can range from a building that has been almost completely consumed by a fire and will involve safety considerations, to a heavily water damaged building, to a lightly fire damaged building, or a small water loss with little damage.
– Will involve being outdoors and exposed to the elements on occasion.]
– Standing and moving for extended periods of time in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
– Stand, walk, climb, bend, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and be able to occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
– Occasional lifting, digging, scraping, cutting, sawing, and climbing of ladders or scaffold equipment to take photographs, extract evidence, or conduct experiments.
– Dexterity and stamina as necessary for the physical requirements of the job.
– Occasional periods of extended sitting while operating a personal computer.
– Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
– Paid time off, paid holidays
– Insurance – medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, long term disability
– Other – 401 (k) plan with Safe Harbor Match, Health Savings Account, professional training, licensing, professional membership fees
TO APPLY, PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: HR@AEIENGINEERS.COM, SUBJECT LINE: “TECHNICIAN.” OTHER FORMS OF SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.
AEI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A SMOKE-FREE WORKPLACE.